Conserved in 2021
- Purchased from Green Diamond Resource Company, this 28-acre preserve is adjacent to the Mueller Conservation Easement.
- The Skookumchuck River shoreline and upland forests provide important habitat for spring and fall Chinook salmon, coho salmon, and winter steelhead.
- Thurston Conservation District and Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife are implementing a major restoration project on the Skookumchuck Forest Preserve and Mueller Conservation Easement to make this stretch of river an even more valuable resource for fish.
Thank you to the following partners:
- Green Diamond Resource Company
- Office of Chehalis Basin
- Thurston Conservation District
- WA Recreation and Conservation Office
- WA Department of Ecology
- WA Department of Fish and Wildlife
CLT Strategic Conservation Goal Achieved:
- Conserve wetlands, riparian areas, and associated upland forests.
To learn more about this project, click here.