Conserved in 2014
- The Parson Family donated the conservation easement on this former farm to Capitol Land Trust in 2014, with the plan to restore the farmhouse and barns and resume farming on the property.
- 18.6 acres located 5 miles southeast of downtown Olympia.
- The property features fallow agricultural fields, wetlands, riparian areas, and upland forests. The property contains a diverse mix of large trees, including quaking aspen, Oregon ash and black cottonwood to more common species such as Douglas-fir and redcedar.
- The property is home to various wildlife species, including a nesting red-tailed hawk.
- The conservation easement prevents further residential development and limits cutting of timber, while allowing for productive use of the agricultural fields.
Thank you to the following partners:
- Mike Parsons & Family
CLT Strategic Conservation Goals Achieved:
- Conserve working lands.
- Conserve wetlands, riparian areas and associated upland forests.