Want to spend a morning in a beautiful place, getting exercise with nature-loving friends? Join us at Darlin Creek Preserve on October 26 for an old fashioned broom-pull! Scot’s broom wants to be the only plant in the universe, but we will sweep it into shape together.
Darlin Creek Preserve is a 312-acre preserve near Delphi Valley that contains a mix of forest types, wetland systems, and a variety of wildlife. The Preserve contains more than 2 miles of fish-bearing tributaries to the Black River: Darlin, Dempsey, and Pants Creeks. Our morning will include taking a break to walk the trails and enjoy the preserve together.
Wednesday, October 26
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Darlin Creek Preserve, Olympia
Volunteers must fill out an annual Volunteer Waiver before volunteering with CLT. Minors must be accompanied by an adult or have both pages of the Minor Waiver Release Form filled out ahead of time. You may print and fill out your waiver ahead of time and bring it to the event. Blank waivers will also be available to sign at the event. Please review our COVID protocol beforehand to ensure everyone’s safety.
Questions or concerns? Email Melissa at Melissa@capitollandtrust.org.
- If you are sick in any way or have come in contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks, please stay home.
- The wearing of face covering over your nose and mouth are encouraged when you cannot maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. At a minimum, have a face mask available if situations arise that necessitate wearing one.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from people outside your household.
- Please bring your own food and water.
- You are encouraged to bring your own gloves.
- Please bring your own tools if you are able. Tool suggestions will be included in email communications once you are registered for an event.
- CLT will plan work areas to maintain a safe social distance of 6 ft or more between participants.
- CLT will provide necessary tools and materials for the work being performed.
- CLT will provide hand sanitizer to be used by volunteers throughout the workday.
- CLT will provide disposable masks for those who do not have their own.
After your registration, you will be signed up to receive an “event details” email two days prior to the event date. This will give you detailed driving instructions, a weather forecast, and inform you of things you may need to bring to the stewardship party. Hope to see you there.