Friday, July 30
The beautiful Bentley Conservation Easement is 14 acres with about 1,800 feet of the Spurgeon Creek, which needs your help. Come out to the farm and splash around with Capitol Land Trust as we pull up the invasive yellow-flag iris that is growing along the creek. We will be in waist-deep water, so waders or clothes you are comfortable getting wet in are encouraged!
Friday, July 30
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Bentley Conservation Easement, Thurston Co.
Volunteers must fill out an annual Volunteer Waiver before volunteering with CLT. Minors must be accompanied by an adult or have both pages of the Minor Waiver Release Form filled out ahead of time. You may print and fill out your waiver ahead of time and bring to the event or send us a photo of your completed waiver. We will also have extra waivers at the event. Waivers and questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you are sick in any way or have come in contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks, please stay home.
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth when arriving and during the welcome/check-in, but then if physical distance of 6+ feet is maintained and you are vaccinated, masks are not required. If you are unable to wear masks, we ask that you contact us directly for specific accommodations.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from people outside your household.
- Please bring your own food and water. For the time being, we will not be providing food or drinks. Volunteers will not be able to share snacks with the group, even if they are individually wrapped.
- You are required to bring your own gloves.
- Please bring your own tools if you are able. Tool suggestions will be included in email communications once you are registered for an event. Tools and gloves will not be shared between people outside your household throughout the work party.
- Only carpool with people from your household.
- CLT will keep volunteer group sizes to a maximum of 50 people per event including a CLT leader.
- CLT will plan work areas to maximize distance between participants.
- CLT will provide necessary tools and materials for the work being performed such as shovels.
- All used tools and gloves will be quarantined for at least four days or disinfected between uses.
- Used materials will be kept separate from clean materials.
- CLT will provide hand sanitizer to be used by volunteers throughout the workday.
- CLT will provide disposable masks for those who do not have their own.