Randall Preserve is located at the southern-most end of Puget Sound on Eld Inlet, and is CLT’s first public access preserve. Although Randall Preserve was heavily impacted by past human uses, Capitol Land Trust has done extensive restoration to provide native habitat for the many migratory and indigenous bird species inhabiting the property. It is well used by people bird-watching on their lunch break or taking a quick stroll.
In this event, we will be pulling scotch broom on the peninsula between the preserve and Hwy 101. It is highly visible to passersby, and we want to start a trend: remove it before the seeds blow on neighboring lands. You will want to wear rubber boots to traverse tidelands during low tide. Join us for a fun and productive day among friends!
Thursday, May 4
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Randall Preserve, Olympia
Volunteers must fill out an annual Volunteer Waiver (2023) before volunteering with CLT. Minors must be accompanied by an adult or have both pages of the Minor Waiver Release (2023) Form filled out ahead of time. You may print and fill out your waiver ahead of time and bring it to the event. Blank waivers will also be available to sign at the event. Please review our COVID protocol beforehand to ensure everyone’s safety.
Questions or concerns? Email Melissa at Melissa@capitollandtrust.org.
- If you are sick in any way or have come in contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks, please stay home.
- The wearing of face covering over your nose and mouth are encouraged when you cannot maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. At a minimum, have a face mask available if situations arise that necessitate wearing one.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from people outside your household.
- Please bring your own food and water.
- You are encouraged to bring your own gloves.
- Please bring your own tools if you are able. Tool suggestions will be included in email communications once you are registered for an event.
- CLT will plan work areas to maintain a safe social distance of 6 ft or more between participants.
- CLT will provide necessary tools and materials for the work being performed.
- CLT will provide hand sanitizer to be used by volunteers throughout the workday.
- CLT will provide disposable masks for those who do not have their own.
After your registration, you will be signed up to receive an “event details” email two days prior to the event date. This will give you detailed driving instructions, a weather forecast, and inform you of things you may need to bring to the stewardship party. Hope to see you there.